1972 Leyland Mini panelvan ( GT? ) aka 'MAX'
Built 09/1971 Australia
First registered in New Zealand in 1977
* (big gap of 6 years we'd love to know about) *
I've owned Max for around 15 years and have done alot of finishing touches. The previous owner had been doing all the engine and most of the body work.
- Austin allegro A series engin, bored out to
- Twin 1 1/2 hs4 SU carbs
- ram flow air intakes / filters
- hardened valve seats to run unleaded
- cam upgrade
- upgraded ignition system (non electronic)
- alloy twin core radiator and electric fan
Body / interior
- shaved A piller seams
- custom grill
- custom dash
- removed door locks and added remote entry
- massive sound system
- window tints
- performance 13X6 rims with Yokohama A539 175/50 R13
I added tbe grill, dashboard, carpet, cranking sound system and alot of other tiny improvements to the custom design. Fresh professional paint job and extensive bodywork. Has transformed 'MAX' into a very unique custom work van. Yes I use the vehicle almost daily to travel around for my mobile guard rolling business. I have done this for many years now along with many South island, New Zealand road trips. He has been ever faithful and well looked after. We are excited to be attending the New Zealand mini nationals show in October 21'.
We hope to find out more history by adding him to this register. If you have links or info to any history in Australia, we would love to learn more about him. You can email me at email@example.com or message me on Facebook @guardroll